Wednesday, January 16, 2013

In the Beginning There Was a Blog

Welcome, faithful readers, to my scripture blog.  This first entry should be considered to be something of an introduction to what comes next.  First of all, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Our prophets have often counseled us to make scripture study a daily activity.  I'm hoping that writing to this blog will help me remember to do this.  That being the case, I apologize in advance if I fail to post every day. My memory isn't all that great, so there may be some days when my schedule or the needs of my family prevent me from posting an entry.

As for the kind of content you'll find here, you'll find that the entries mainly read like a scripture study journal.  However, I'll be using as many of the LDS scripture resource books as I can conveniently obtain both online and off it.  So, if you wish, you can think of this as a kind of online Seminary or Institute class.  I lay no claim to being any kind of knowledgeable scriptorian.  However, I do invite you to comment after every entry.  Just like participating in class.  I'll probably make some references to my family and my situation here at home in many, if not all my entries.  There will be a link to the scripture passage I'm studying in every post, so you can follow along if you don't have your own scriptures handy.

In any case, I thank you for allowing me to publish this blog and I hope you will be as edified as I hope to be.   In any event, I hope we'll be able to get through the entire standard works a few times before I'm done with this blog.

Sincerely,
Cimmorene

No comments:

Post a Comment